The page to be designed is the main page
There are two options for the header on the main page (which is the common section on all pages of the website).
1. Existing banner used in a creative way to provide a fresh look
2. A new banner which includes the words Lane Cove Council (the words should be in Arial font with Lane Cove in bold and Council in plain text)
B) Menu Bar
A menu bar with up to 7 sections (Home, Community, Facilities & Recreation, Environment, Development, Your Council, Find…) and a varying number of submenu items underneath each section.
The preference is for a horizontal mega-menu format with the menu list above the header so that when the mega-menu drops down it can display sub-headings within the existing webframe.
Note: The menu bar options should display horizontally as per the main header menus on this website http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au
Note: The ‘find’ tab is to list the most common services/links that people need to find on the website (effectively replacing the ‘quick links’ section appearing on the left hand side of Council’s current website). Similar to the ‘I want to…’ menu option here: http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au
C) A Search field
D) Footer section (common section on all pages of the website) includes:
- Council Contact details (Building address, phone numbers, email, hours of operation)
- Links to Privacy, Copyright, Disclaimer, Site Map, Social Media
E) Events/What’s On/News section
F) Content section
- You can mock up page content similar to what is on our live page using the headings ‘News & Events’ (as per content under News and Events) and ‘Have Your Say’ (as per content under Current Issues). It is envisaged that there would also be a minimum of three lead stories as per the content/photos listed on the page currently.