1) THE HOMEPAGE: http://www.nokillnetwork.org/ should include the following important elements:
- header that can be used sitewide
- current logo (which will be redone someday)
- facebook like and google+ presentation. You can see an example of the two side by side in the header on this page: http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Indiana
- the tagline "A Voice for Life"
- the statement "The nOkill Network believes in preventing unnecessary shelter killing. Help to strengthen A Voice for Life by becoming a member of this community."
-global navigation bar at the top; currently you see a search box but that is not necessary at this time so I'd prefer to get rid of it for now, but plan space to add it back someday.
-the mission statement
- Ads - I don't want it to look too ad-heavy, but I would like to have you fit 2-3 ad units into the homepage in some way. The ad format examples are on this page: http://support.google.com/adsense/b…wer=185666 and the only sizes that I'm interested in using are: Leaderboard (728 x 90), Large Rectangle (336 x 280), Medium Rectangle (300 x 250), and Wide Skyscraper (160x600).
-footer, standard with room for text links
2) THE ORGANIZATION PAGE: http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Indi…,-Inc~368/
- the global header/footer design that you choose for the homepage will encapsulate the content about each individual organization listed in the directory on its own page. In the link above you see the current format. The most important information on this page is typically several paragraphs about the organization with a link out to the organization's site, if they have one.
- I've been working on adding two more components to this Organization page that will need to be included in your design: 1) ratings/reviews section and 2) discussion comments. Both types of information are provided by users, and you can see the functionality on this page (this is a non-public, development environment so please don't link to it): http://www.nokillnetwork.org/uk/Eng…Luton)~11/ The review/ratings section is at the top and must display all 11 criteria that you see listed, along with star ratings, a link to submit your own review, and a link to the reviews page. The discussion comments section is at the bottom of the page and as comments are added, they appear in-line. This all looks pretty messy currently, so I need a better design to keep everything organized, and it also needs to incorporate 2-3 of the ad units somewhere on the page.