Our web applications serves appraisal companies from 1 person to teams of 100 people. We want the web app to be an extension of the web app/companion app for the real estate appraisers who work out in the field inspecting properties. Basically be so intuitive that they would never actually have to log into the web app to give updates to the main office. They can see their jobs, see their calendar in a simplified and a more detailed calendar(schedule) view, a to do list of jobs that are new, overdue, need an appointment or custom to dos, a generic & searchable/filterable list of all their current and past jobs, notes/messages, contacts and more (see the workflow attached). Our first iteration is an iOS app, with plans to release an iPad version shortly after.
The 5 main screens we would like designed are:
1- Calendar view. We would like to have a scrollable list of all the events in a user's calendar. They would have a mini calendar popover where they could jump to other dates. We would also like a secondary "list/agenda" type view of the calendar that would show something like "Today, tomorrow, next week".
2- Action Items/to do/reminders. This page will have items like newly assigned jobs, jobs that require an appointment (the major step milestone), overdue jobs, and custom reminders that may be based on a time reminder or a GPS location triggered reminder. Filters to show/hide specific groups. Items like new appraisals could be clicked on to go to the appraisal details (4) screen, but also "New Appraisals" could have an option to swipe or somehow acknowledge the new job without having to go to the details page. Same with the custom reminders. Appraisals that need an appointment could have an option to open the appraisal details, or perhaps an easy way to put in a date and time from there too.
3 - Appraisal List. The list of all a user's current and past jobs. This would act as a load a certain amount as you scroll down. We need an easy way to search and put filters on. We have quite a few filters on our web app for appraisal jobs. Such as: New, Rush, Overdue, In Progress, Specific Task dropdown filters, status dropdown filters.
4 - Appraisal detail screen. This would be the details of the job/property that the appraiser is appraising. This could include something like a map and all the property details. The details can be edited on the mobile. There's a notes/messages section. File upload section for photos.
5 - iPad view. This would be a larger view of the iPhone screens but same functionality. You can pick any of the first 3 screens to extend an ipad view. We like the idea like the one screenshot where if you click on a job from the calendar, action items, or appraisal list where the details of the job slides over on the right. Perhaps there's a quick view and a full view of the appraisal details (like Jira).
For the main navigation, it would be the calendar, action items, a middle + symbol (that would open up a 1. Add Appraisal 2. Add custom event 3. Add action item/reminder (whatever it's called)), Appraisal List, and then a More hamburger menu. The more hamburger menu has notes, contacts, profile, settings, and logout in it.
Here are some more point form notes to help:
· Essentially have all the functionality a user needs so they would never have to log into the web application (unless they want to see things like analytics or comparables…that’ll be left for the web)
· See each individual scheduled tasks (appointments, dues, custom events) in a list where you can click to see the details of the appraisals. Maybe be able to jump to map application to get driving directions from here?
· A few different calendar views. Month, Day, Agenda
· An appraiser will be able to see a list view of what they are doing today, tomorrow etc. in a glance.
· Mark tasks complete, comment on files, upload pictures, open up a map so they can get driving distance, dial phone numbers when on the details of a specific appraisal.
. A big feature request is for the field appraisers to easily be able to call phone numbers from the app.
· Easily set appointment times since that is considered the main task in the appraisal process
· I want someone to go on their phone in the morning with their coffee and go, "okay this is the stuff I have to take care of today". Here are my newly assigned appraisals, here are ones I am driving to today, oh I have to finish these, I still haven't set appointments for these yet, oh no these are overdue, oh and I have some new messages on specific files that I should respond to. And in a glance they can see this and take care of it right from their phone, without having to sit down at a computer.
· Fluid sync with the phone’s calendar
· Push notifications for certain alerts like, new order assigned, report now overdue, new messages. With options to turn each individual event on/off, not just a global one.
· Add new appraisals without being overwhelming