THE TL;DR VERSION:
- We teach all people to make coffee at a school!- We don't keep profits, they get reinvested into the school, in order to support the community access education and pathways to work!- We are nice people at the IMVC (google us) and we try help people achieve life outcomes
- We need a fun logo representing our school :D
THE FULL DESCRIPTION ... if you can be botheredABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Dancing Bean Barista School is a non-for-profit barista school, training young people, coffee enthusiasts or those aspiring to be a professional barista in the art of making high standard espresso based drinks.
The school has a strong community focus. The school was named by a student who won a competition. It will soon become a social enterprise. Profits will be reinvested back into the school, in order to benefit more individuals in the nearby community.
The school is located within a metropolitan area (St Joseph’s Flexible Learning Centre, in North Melbourne).
The courses are offered by Inner Melbourne Vet Cluster, a non-for-profit organisation that seeks to provide young people with opportunities to fulfil their potential for economic and social participation. You can see the IMVC brand identity at http://www.imvc.com.au, and you can read more about the IMVC's social enterprises under http://www.imvc.com.au/social-enterprise.
• Young people aged 15 and up, seeking to work in hospitality
• Coffee enthusiasts of all ages
• Young people associated with other IMVC programs
• Marginalised youth
• Individuals from the surrounding area (North Melbourne)