(1) Preparing to open a preschool (3- 6 year olds) in NSW, Australia
(2) Preschool to be licenced for up to 39 children/day
(3) Fitted out and run as a model for sustainability i.e. minimal waste, fair trade, vegan food.
(4) Incorporating sustainable practices into the education of the children
(5) Target audience: mothers who are either expecting a baby or already have a 1 or 2 year old. Target audience age would be 30-40 year olds.
(6) I’d like the logo be colourful and engaging rather than too organic looking. However I do want it to be slightly organic looking whilst still seeming professional
(7) Ideally, it will be a simple logo that could easily be transferred onto a staff shirt.
Veganism will be a key component of the preschool, however I don’t want that to be the salient image of the branding or advertising. I’d prefer sustainability & education to be the salient image.
I’ve thought previously to include a herbivorous animal in the logo, as a subtle way of including vegan principles into the logo. The example I thought of is the Quokka. It’s an Australian animal, only eats plants and is adorable. It seems a fitting image with a preschool. However I’m not set on the idea of using a quokka at all. It’s just an idea of mine, I'm more interested by what you think makes sense.
Edit: 'Hi everyone. I'm happy with some of the Quokka designs so far but I'm really looking for other design ideas as well. For example
(1) designs that create an image off of word play i.e. taking from the words "Sustainable Play Preschool" an image that represents those words
(2) Designs that represent sustainability in preschool education more generally
If you are still thinking of using a Quokka, I'd really like to see it connected to sustainability and education more clearly. Rather than just being a mascot.
I want the salient image to be sustainability and education'
Thank you for reading