DO NOT WANT:
- Lotus flowers
- People in seated meditation or any yoga pose
- Something dark
- The initial “RS” used.
- Anything clunky or heavy
I DO WANT:
- Something powerful and memorable
- Clean and confident looking.
- A balance between Classy and Sophisticated, with a touch of playfulness or fun. Think high-end boutique or salon. Creative but tasteful. Elegance balanced with light-heartedness. Not too whimsical.
- A very small and subtle detail incorporated into the logo that says travel, or relaxation, or water (as in
infinity pools or the ocean), a lounge chair, or different cultural experiences. Please be creative and keep it subtle.
- A white background (but showing how the logo looks when used against a dark background is fine too.)
- A GREAT font!! Hard to articulate font style and it does depend on the rest of the design. If the design has a playful element, the font needs to contrast that with a more sophisticated and stylized font. If the
design element is simple, maybe the font can be more fun. I’d like to see a contrast of elegance, power and class with a touch of fun throughout the logo.
LEANING TOWARDS but not set in stone:
- A horizontal shape vs a square, or oval vs round finished shape.
- Some type of movement incorporated.
- Something other than a logo with an emblem placed just above the text.
- Having a great font with just one simple distinguishing element build into the words Retreat Savvy somehow. Maybe turning one of the letters into a cool symbol. But it needs to be artistically done so that it is not too “cartoony.”
The attached photo of a women by the pool will be on the homepage of my website to give you an idea of the retreat locations.
You can view my current personal yoga business retreats at http://www.laurachristensen.com/Yog…treat.html
BTW: this is a self made website obviously so the design is surely lacking!! I will build a new website for this new Retreat Savvy business.
Thank you for your interest.