THE BRAND is a lifestyle fashion brand for a world leading professional female ballet dancer (facebook: https://de-de.facebook.com/polinasemionova/). It is NOT a typical "traditional & conservative" ballet brand nor dance or sports performance brand! It will offer fashionable basics (T-Shirts, sweaters, hoodies, leggings, accessories, beanies/caps, etc.) at a good quality and an affordable price. The style will not be screaming and flashy, but cool. That means main textile colors will be black, white and grey, the cuts will be modern and reduced with only a few selected attachments (batches, stickers, etc.).
The MAIN TARGET GROUP of the brand is female, between 18 and 30 years old and lives in international metropolitan areas / big cities in Europe and USA (partly South America and Asia).
Fans of Polina and testimonials like female dancers will wear the clothes in the leisure time and on/from their way to the training. Their aim is to trigger awareness and desirability for the brand and the clothes displayed.
Thus, the MAIN REQUIREMENTS ON THE LOGO DESIGN are the following:
1. The brand name is visible and easily readable so that the consumers can see and identify the brand name when the dancers wear a shirt in public or while warming up.
2. The logo should work in a mono-color setup (i.e. black on white background).
3. The logo should exist
3a. PREFERABLY of the brand name "Polina" whereas the letter "P" is formed by a "Ballet Pose Silhouette" or a "Swan" (modern, rather abstract, not realistic silhouette, but still clearly recognizable)
3b. of a graphical element ("Ballet Pose Silhouette" or "Swan") plus the brand name Polina
4. The pose should not be a simple profile/silhouette but rather consist of lines or graphical elements forming the pose. The preferred pose would be the following: See attachment
5. The brand name should be spelled with a capitalized "P" and lowercased "olina"
6. The font should be a modern cursive (or even handwritten) font that expresses the brand values (see below)
The entire logo design and the font should represents the BRAND VALUES AND PHILOSOPHY behind that brand:
• Be ambitious and aim for your goals.
• Your head is the key and solution to train your body and be successful.
• Work hard and do your best to achieve your goals.
Thus, the logo and font should NOT be too childish, romantic, traditional BUT rather modern, dynamic, powerful and cool … yet female!