Since mentioning landmarks, all of the entries have included them. It's by no means a necessity. I'm looking for original designs that will attract attention and be memorable as well as clearly showing the name of my blog and portraying the message that it is a backpacker blog that features a lot of adventure sports and adrenaline activities.
I'm looking to have a new header image designed for my website http://www.beyondblighty.com.
My specs would be:
- In terms of dimensions, 1068px wide and no more than 200px tall. The height is very important. I would like it to run across the top of my website when it is viewed on screen, not for it to fill the whole screen and necessitate scrolling down. This means it will need to be quite wide and not that tall.
- that it clearly includes by blog name 'Beyond Blighty', I have a preference for this being within the main logo area, so that I could conceivably use just that section of the image as a gravatar or logo on business cards etc in the future. (see friends' examples: http://www.justonewayticket.com and http://www.goseewrite.com/).
- that it portrays the focus of my blog on adventure activities and travel to exotic destinations (for more info on where I've been and what I've done, see my website http://www.beyondblighty.com). I would like the adventure theme to be obvious, ie, including some kind of representation of a few of the following:
Horse riding (but make it look exciting - ie, horse rearing up or on a cliff edge)
Cycling the Death Road (also on a cliff edge!)
Piloting a stunt plane in acrobatics
Scuba diving with sharks
Controlled base jump on a cord from Auckland tower
Rappelling down waterfalls
White water rafting
Hiking (on glaciers/volcanoes, etc)
If you wish to include any landmarks (certainly not required), some of the places I've been are listed below.
Christ the Redeemer (Rio)
New York statue of liberty
Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
Dubai - Burj al Arab
Auckland Sky Tower
Wat Arun or the palace in Bangkok
Lost City (Colombia)
Sydney Opera House/Harbour Bridge
The Nazca Lines
The mountain from Paramount Pictures
Arenal Volcano Costa Rica
Perhaps it would be possible to combine the two (for example, have a small person bungy jumping off, paragliding around and zip lining between famous landmarks, etc??
I'd like to get a balance between cities and nature if possible.
- that it's colourful, eye catching, memorable and inspires people to want to follow in my footsteps
- it would be good, but not essential, if it included me too - either as a character or a drawing that looks like me...
- I've attached some images of me on my travels/partaking in some adventure activities, which can be used as inspiration. Please note, they are only included to give examples of the kinds of activities I'd like you to represent. I do not wish for them to actually be included in the design. There are plenty more images among my blog posts, or you can check out my facebook pictures at https://www.facebook.com/arianwenmo…photos_all.