About 5 desktop icons used in proprietary web-based internal application. I attached my current screen snapshot with the current icons. Some of them are just generic report. Clicking on each icon opens a report. Current icons are 48x48, but I'd like to redesign these.
I am interested in simple yet expressive icons. Icon can have just 2 colors: background color and a symbol.
Below is some more information about what kind of applications and icons I am looking for.
- We are a hedge fund/ financial company. Our assets ( portfolio ) consists of banking products, such as Asset Back Securities, Mortgage backed Securities, Pools of SME Loans, etc. We trade in many currencies, including USD, Euro, Yen, GBP Sterling, etc.
- We developed an "in-house" suit of web-based applications to manage our portfolio of assets. Our "in-house" application is used only internally by the company.
I need 21 icons. 9 of these icons are "apps", i.e. they open another program with 1 or more windows. The 'apps' are:
1. Portfolio: listing of different products in the portfolio. Currently I use the "portfolio" icon, but I don't like it. I need something more generic and abstract.
2.P&L: Profit And Loss calculation.
3. Surveillance: It's an app where people write their blogs / commentaries related to the performance of existing deals in the portfolio
4. Deal Blogger: Similar to #3, except people write blogs / commentaries related to the potential deals, not existing deals.
5. Marketing blogger: Similar to #3 and #4 except people write blogs when they market to investors
6. Market Data: this is where we enter FX Rates, Interest Rates, Prices from relevant markets.
7. Cash Accounts: This is account reconciliation app, similar to the banking application where we enter credits and debits.
8. Portfolio Cashflows: This is where we manage cash / money generated by our investments ( deals in our portfolio ).
9. Investors: Our investors have shares in the portfolio that we manage. We keep track of every investor in our fund and distribute proceeds from performance to them. We keep such information as names, addresses, email, investment amount, paid amount, etc.
10. Stress Test. We perform a "stress analysis" on the underlying assets, such as increase hypothetical default rates or Foreign Exchange rates to see how much it will effect overall returns.
Other icons just open up a report window.
11. Positions - show what's in the portfolio (icon #1). This could be similar to #1, but different color.
12. Prices @ A Glance: Listing of prices for each investment in the portfolio.
13. Countries: show listing and pie chart of Countries where our investments are located.
14. Sectors: show listing of industries/sectors where our investments are, such as automobile, financial, telecom, airlines, etc.
15. FX Exposure: this is a report, showing how much our investments are affected by the Foreign Exchange rates (FX Rates)
16. Forex MTM - it is similar to #15, just different report.
17. Counterparty Credit.: This is a report showing current bank ratings for Moody's S&P and Fitch, such as AAA, BB-, CCC, etc.
18 and 19. These reports show default rates of SME loans ( Small and Medium Companies ).
20 and 21. These reports show how our assets are spread out "allocated" between various accounts / investors.
I would like to use colors to group icons with similar meaning.
#1, #11- portfolio assets
#3, #4, #5 are all blogging type of apps, so they can be in the same color.
#15, #16 - Forex related apps
#18 and #19
#20 and #21