We would like a design for the cover of our gala dinner invitation and will need the final file in Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator. From that file, we will design the rest of the invite (mostly text-based) but would like some art to build off of. We are pretty open to a variety of styles and design ideas and will be actively providing feedback throughout the contest to help you guide your approach.
To avoid increased postage costs, we prefer the design fit within a typical 5"x7" invitation card (either vertical or horizontal design is OK, vertical slightly preferred but open to both options). The design will be scaled down for the RSVP card, which is 4 1/8"x5.5".
- Organization Name: Los Angeles Team Mentoring
- Focus: Mentoring underserved middle school youth in LA
- Event Name: 15th Annual Soiree
- Honoree Name/Organization: To be determined, but this would usually be on the cover (you can leave a space)
- Date: To be determined, but would usually be on the cover
- Event Location: Beverly Wilshire Hotel, A Four Seasons Hotel
- Sometimes designers have included photos of youth, but not always
- Logo can be included if desired, but not necessary
- Can mention/highlight “Celebrating 21 Years of Service” if desired
- The design should be eye-catching and uplifting. Also appreciate modern/graphic styles and something that captures the fun spirit of the evening.
This is a high-end event held at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire hotel. Tickets range from $300-$2500 per seat ($25,000 table for 10), and about 500 people attend. Most of them are businesspeople in the Los Angeles area, within the age range of 35-60. The design should reflect an upscale event but not overly stuffy or childish (even though we serve kids). This is not a black tie event so it doesn’t need to feel overly formal.
I'm attaching a few things that may be helpful:
"Soiree Invitation Only"--our 2011 invite, the left hand side of this jpg was the front cover (right hand side was the inside cover)
"Final Invitation"--our 2010 invite, the right hand side of this pdf was the cover (left hand side was the back cover).
"Paying Invitation for Website"--an invite to a different event we held, which reflects more of a modern/graphic look that we also like.
"Doc246," which could be a fun way to share information or important words about either the event or LATM.
"LATM Logo Master"--our organization logo, transparent
I've also added a few photos of our youth which may be used in the design (I have more, if anything specific is desired, please ask), and am uploading a copy of our stationery (Doc242), which has our puzzle motif as a watermark in the background--it would be great if someone wants to experiment utilizing the puzzle motif in their design! I do not have a copy of the file but you may be able to grab the puzzle pieces from the LATM logo file. The pieces are usually a light and dark green watermark.
**Updated 8/11: We can accept a file in Illustrator as well instead of only InDesign! Thanks!**
**Updated 8/12: Added Doc 246 and logo--sorry about that! And, a few more photos for your reference!**
**Updated 8/12: I would love to see some color themes/ideas in the invitation--many of them have been black and white, or purple themed so far. We encourage you to think about other color combinations that are new, fresh, and exciting!**