WHAT WE WANT
1. We need a logo for Courage.
2. A logotype or word mark - that is, a largely typographical solution that also manages to convey what we're about - would be ideal.
3. A sophisticated and credible logo that will also work in monochrome
4. We need something that will also work as a twitter avatar, so that means either a logo that will work in a small size with a 1:1 ratio or a logo that has a distinctive element that can be used in this way.
5. Solutions that will work with the the fuller “Courage Foundation” as well as “Courage” would be a plus.
6. We'd like the winning design to be supplied in SVG format.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT
1. We are not looking for designs with an individual focus on Edward Snowden Taking cues from the existing Free Snowden graphics is not obligatory.
2. We'd like to see a variety of ideas and options, but we've already explored a few so do not use speech bubbles or whistles in your design.
3. Ideas that are culturally specific are also unlikely to work for us: Courage will operate internationally and we need something can use in the US, Germany, France, Russia, Latin America and China.